Michael Olivia has been recognized by Five Star Professional and awarded the 2018 Five Star Wealth Manager Award, as published in the Wall Street Journal and San Diego Magazine.
Letter from Mike
Dear colleagues, clients and friends,
Over the past 19 years, the focus of our practice has been to help families achieve their wealth objectives by striving to mitigate risk and volatility, reduce taxes and minimize fees and costs. Our practice was founded by building long-term relationships with our clients, providing service, advice and consult that impacts the lives of our clients and their families.
In light of this objective, I have been recognized by Five Star Professional and awarded the 2018 Five Star Wealth Manager Award, which is published in the Wall Street Journal and our local publication, San Diego Magazine.
Candidates who qualify for the award must satisfy 10 criteria, including a regulatory and complaint history review, one and five-year client retention rate, total client assets administered, households served, and a thorough assessment of education and professional designations.
It is a great honor to be nominated by my peers and selected for this award. As always, I appreciate your time as well as your confidence in me and my team as we continue to serve our clients, families and communities. We look forward to our continued relationship and our next conversation together.
See the digital announcement here:
Five Star Wealth Manager Criteria
Determination of Award Winners
Award candidares who satisfied 10 objective eligibility and evaluation criteria were name 2018 Five Star Wealth Managers.
Eligibility Criteria – Required
- Credentialed as a registered investment adviser or a registered investment adviser representative
- Actively employed as a credetialed professional in the financial services industry for a minimum of five years
- Favorable regulatory and complaint history review
- Fulfilled their firm review based on internal firm standards
- Accepting new clients
Evaluation Criteria – Considered
- One-year client retention rate.
- Five-year client retention rate
- Non-institutional discretionary and/or non-discretionary client assets administered
- Number of client households served
- Education and professional designations
As defined by Five Star Professional, the wealth manager has not:
- Been subject to a regulatory action that resulted in a license being suspended or revoked, or payment of a fine
- Individually contributed to a financial settlement of a customer complaint
- Been convicted of a felony
- Within the past 11 years:
- Been terminated from a wealth management or financial services firm
- Filed for personal bankruptcy
- Had more than a total of three settled or pending complaints filed against them (and no more than five total pending, dismissed, or denied) with any regulatory authority
- Five Star Professional conducts a regulatory review of each nominated wealth manager using the Investment Adviser Public Disclosure (IAPD) website. Five Star Professional also uses multiple supporting processes to help ensure that a favorable regulatory and complain history exists. Data submitted through these processes was applied per the above criteria:
- Each wealth manager who passes the Five Star Professional regulatory review must attest that they meet the definition of favorable regulatory history, based upon the criteria listed above.
- Five Star Professional promotes via local advertising the opportunity for consumers to confidentially submit complaints regarding a wealth manager.
Five Star Wealth Manager award is not issued or endorsed by Guardian or its subsidiaries. Registered Representative and Financial Advisor of Park Avenue Securities LLC (PAS). OSJ: 4275
Executive Square #800 La Jolla, CA 92037 619.684.6400. Securities products and advisory services offered through PAS, member FINRA, SIPC. Financial Representative of The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America® (Guardian), New York, NY. PAS is an indirect, wholly-owned subsidiary of Guardian. WestPac Wealth Partners, LLC is not an affiliate or subsidiary of PAS or Guardian. Insurance products offered through WestPac Wealth Partners and Insurance Services, Inc., a DBA of WestPac Wealth Partners, LLC. This Material is Intended For General Public Use. By providing this material, we are not undertaking to provide investment advice for any specific individual or situation, or to otherwise act in a fiduciary capacity. Please contact one of our financial professionals for guidance and information specific to your individual situation. Guardian, its subsidiaries, agents, and employees do not provide tax, legal, or accounting advice. Consult your tax, legal, or accounting professional regarding your individual situation. | CA Insurance License #0E57168 |
2017-48319 Exp. 10/19